Hola,
This past week FLEW by! Elder Franson and I were able to fill up our days with lessons and this past week went by super fast because of it. I felt super good about this past week because our key investigators we have been working with all have been progressing. It was also a great week because Elder Franson and I have really started to become closer and we have been really good at teaching unitedly and sharing the time speaking equally now that my spanish has gotten a little better. I have gotten to the point where I feel I can hold my own with all 5 of our PMG lessons. What is still difficult for me is normal conversation and stuff leading up to the lessons. I have felt like I have strengthened the attribute of Christ with loving the people we teach this transfer. With Elder Laubaugh gone I have really focused on building strong relationships with these people and Elder Frason and I have really seen a lot of blessings from it. The work has been great and I look forward to having many more weeks like this past one!
Elder Fanson and I didn't do anything particularly interesting this past 4th of July but it was definitely a hot one here in Madrid! It was funny because at night you could hear the American families that were doing fireworks off in the distance. Also, I was introduced to a South American drink that my companion loves called Mate! I don't think it tastes very good but I am determined to acquire the taste for it because I feel cool drinking it. haha ;) jk. What it is is like crushed mint leaves and some other herbs and you can drink it either hot or cold out of one of these special filter mate straws. The cup I have is metal on the outside and is wooden on the inside I think because they think it helps the flavor or something. haha. I don´t know if I will ever like it but it is fun to drink with my comp at night.
Also I finished the Book of Mormon and am going to be starting up the new testament in english! It took me about 7 weeks to get through the entire book and I found a ton of scriptures throughout my reading that I love. It is crazy how much you can learn about the gospel and how much clearer things are when you just pick up the scriptures and read. I want to finish the New Testament and then start only reading my scriptures in Spanish because that will help me out a ton with my language development. But after dedicatedly reading the Book of Mormon everyday this past while my testimony and gospel knowledge truly has been immensely expanded. I have no doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is the words of God, not the words of a man. Reading the Book of Mormon truly is the best way to resolidify your testimony and become more fully converted into this gospel. I look forward to reading the New Testament and reading and learning more about the earthly ministry of Christ as well. I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel in my life and am loving the opportunity to serve and learn more here is Spain.
This past week I ate a lot more of eggs and rice! haha. Tonight we have two noche de hogars with both investigators and members that are wanting to feed us some ceviche which is my favorite dish! I miss home a ton and I appreciate all the support that friends and family having given me.
I love you all so much!
Elder Saltzman