Hola mi amigos y familia!!!
So nothing super cool happened this week but here it goes.!
The Russians that just got here a couple weeks ago left and it was another sad good bye to the friends we just made. We just got a bunch of new native Spanish speakers in this week though!! So for the last little bit that I am in the MTC everything will be in Spanish! They make me realize exactly how little I know about the language. haha. It´s alright though, I feel like I have reached a point where I have learned as much as I can within a classroom. The rest I think I am going to be better off being forced to learn more in the mission field. Ahh! I can´t wait to hear what area I will be in for my first area!
Last week we didn´t end up going to the Prada Museum, instead we ended up going to an awesome sword shop near the museum and never making it to the museum. haha. I wanted to get a sword soooooo bad but I was strong and did not buy one. I thought it would be a hassle trying to carry it around with me for the next 23 months. Oh yeah, just realized! One month down! Wooohooo! Time has flown by! I can not believe I will be out in the field soo soon!
Today was an awesome experience going through the temple I felt really confident about going through in Spanish. Slowly by slowly more words are connecting in my brain for forming sentences and understanding what people are saying. Today we are going to go see the Real Madrid Soccer stadium and get a tour of the entire place! I also discovered that I will get to go to a game at some point of my mission and Real Madrid is going to the championship!!! I am officially sucked into the fĂștball craze. Next week we are going to go to the Prada museum for real. haha.
Other random things that happened this week....
-Ate squid, chicken, mussel paella. Not a huge fan but I will survive. Also tried blood sausage without knowing I did and was grossed out a little afterwards. Gone through many tabasco bottles and discovered the MTC has barbecue sauce. All the American guys were very happy when I found out about the barbecue sauce. I just asked the cook in spanish and they gave it to us!
-Had another VERY successful Saturday at the Park talking with people. I was partnered with a russian speaking missionary and I spoke pretty much the entire time but I placed 3 book of mormons, got 3 people´s info to meet with other missionaries in the area, and meaningful conversations with a bunch of other people. We took the approach of just taking interest in whatever the people were doing at the park and once they saw we were nice people they were more open to hearing what we had to say. I think we were the only companionship at the Park that had success that day.
I am happy and doing well, I miss you all so much. I am grateful for all the love and support I have received. I have loved receiving letters. Thank you Grandma Cheryl, Rachel, Mom, Dad, and Tori. It is always exciting when I get something in the mail. I bought I ton more of stamps so i am going to send out more letters this week. I have hardly any time to email so it is easier for me to send out letters. :)
I love you all so much,
Elder Saltzman
I am happy and doing well, I miss you all so much. I am grateful for all the love and support I have received. I have loved receiving letters. Thank you Grandma Cheryl, Rachel, Mom, Dad, and Tori. It is always exciting when I get something in the mail. I bought I ton more of stamps so i am going to send out more letters this week. I have hardly any time to email so it is easier for me to send out letters. :)
I love you all so much,
Elder Saltzman