Not a lot happened this past week that was super eventful. We are getting ready to have a baptism with this 27 year old guy we have been teaching that is from the Dominican Republic on the 30th of August. He is super cool and so willing to listen, learn, and work to find out for himself whether he believes this is the restored church of Christ. We have seen a huge progression in his testimony and understanding of the gospel and it has been such a cool thing to see. We have become pretty good friends with him. He loves when we come over to visit him and he always tells us how grateful he is for how we have helped him learn more about the gospel. Knowing Jari has definitely added on to my testimony that there are always people ready to learn about the gospel no matter where you are. It is just the missionaries job to find those people the Lord has prepared.
Other things that happened this past week: I cooked two batches of homemade brownies and frosting for different people we are teaching to try. Elder Franson and I made a homemade pizza at a families home that we are teaching. We made crepes for lunch one mediodia. We got to eat ceviche twice this week with some investigators that was super good. And by some miracle with all this talk of food I have gained no weight. haha. I also recieved a package from the Findlay Family and mom / dad! Thank you guys so much! I really apreciate it a ton! I also sent a package of stuff home that has some shirts, hoodies, mugs, and other things home to the fam..! It should be there within these next two weeks, I sent it on Wednesday.
Anyways, I miss everyone a ton! Sorry I haven´t been super good at getting back to letters and emails super quick. I am trying to work on a few with the little spare time that I have. But I love you all and hope everyone had a great summer!!!
Love,
Elder Saltzman
Other things that happened this past week: I cooked two batches of homemade brownies and frosting for different people we are teaching to try. Elder Franson and I made a homemade pizza at a families home that we are teaching. We made crepes for lunch one mediodia. We got to eat ceviche twice this week with some investigators that was super good. And by some miracle with all this talk of food I have gained no weight. haha. I also recieved a package from the Findlay Family and mom / dad! Thank you guys so much! I really apreciate it a ton! I also sent a package of stuff home that has some shirts, hoodies, mugs, and other things home to the fam..! It should be there within these next two weeks, I sent it on Wednesday.
Anyways, I miss everyone a ton! Sorry I haven´t been super good at getting back to letters and emails super quick. I am trying to work on a few with the little spare time that I have. But I love you all and hope everyone had a great summer!!!
Love,
Elder Saltzman