This past week was full of amazing experiences! I had the opportunity to be the person to do the baptismal ordinance with one of our investigators for the first time! It was such a cool thing to be a part of literally helping someone make a covenant with our Heavenly Father. Also we witnessed a few miracles this week with giving blessings of health. We gave a blessing to a guy from our recent convert family that had problems with some sort of skin condition all over his body that was just not getting better with the creams he was using. In the end of the story according to his faith that he would get better and our blessing of health it literally was GONE within 3-4 days. It was a huge miracle that was super amazing to witness because he had been battling with it for weeks. Elder Franson actually had a talk on Sunday and without giving names out he shared the experience and how we can put more trust in the Lord. After his talk we actually gave two other blessings of health to other people in the congregation who had heard his talk. There was a young man who was 22 years old preparing for a mission but had some really bad trouble with his vision and the ability of focusing his sight without getting super dizzy. He was super worried about going on a mission because of how much reading you have to do and he wouldn't be able to constantly become sick due to trying to focus his vision. So we gave him a blessing on Sunday after church and he actually called us today and was thanking us because he has progressively been getting better since yesterday afternoon and he went to the doctors and is receiving addition help now. It was seriously such an amazing experience this past week seeing the power of the priesthood that we hold in action. I am so grateful for the privilege of having this authority to act in the Lord´s name and for the ability we had to put it into action!
On some other notes, I made the baptism family some AMAZING smoothies at their home and they loved them. I got to play the guitar with one of our people we have been teaching and all the chords and stuff started to come back to me a little. It was fun playing the guitar and singing with him. haha. I found a couple investigators who are 18 and 21 that want to play me in basketball this next week. I made a ton of walnut banana bread again for the baptism. Our baptismal font was not holding the water well so I had to stand on the drain with a bunch of rags under my feet so that we could fill it up full enough. I did the baptism on my first try! :) It was super special day for the family and a lot of them were crying during the testimony meeting afterwards. We got to translate for Tad R Callister again and we got to listen to him give a talk at his grandson´s baptism. We helped confirm his grandson and were also apart of their families baby blessing as well! It has been super cool the past 2 sundays talking with a general authority of the church! Our district also got a quick picture with him. haha.
The work is going great. It is super hot. I got one of the packages from home with the flaming hot cheetos and beef jerky from mom and dad! Thank you!!! :) I miss everyone a ton! I hope everyone is doing well!
Love you guys!
Elder Saltzman
On some other notes, I made the baptism family some AMAZING smoothies at their home and they loved them. I got to play the guitar with one of our people we have been teaching and all the chords and stuff started to come back to me a little. It was fun playing the guitar and singing with him. haha. I found a couple investigators who are 18 and 21 that want to play me in basketball this next week. I made a ton of walnut banana bread again for the baptism. Our baptismal font was not holding the water well so I had to stand on the drain with a bunch of rags under my feet so that we could fill it up full enough. I did the baptism on my first try! :) It was super special day for the family and a lot of them were crying during the testimony meeting afterwards. We got to translate for Tad R Callister again and we got to listen to him give a talk at his grandson´s baptism. We helped confirm his grandson and were also apart of their families baby blessing as well! It has been super cool the past 2 sundays talking with a general authority of the church! Our district also got a quick picture with him. haha.
The work is going great. It is super hot. I got one of the packages from home with the flaming hot cheetos and beef jerky from mom and dad! Thank you!!! :) I miss everyone a ton! I hope everyone is doing well!
Love you guys!
Elder Saltzman