Hola!
I can´t believe that it is another transfer almost completed! This past week was a little difficult at times because we ended up on the streets a lot trying to find new people. We saw a lot of our numbers drop but it truly was not because of our lack of effort. It was a little frustrating but I am sure this last week of the transfer we will be able to finish off strong. We will be having another baptism this Saturday so that was one positive of the week! I am super excited because the 12 year old boy of this part-member family wants me to baptize him so I will have another opportunity this transfer to baptize someone we have been teaching! This family is from Peru and the Mom is a member but the Dad has kind of always been against his son being baptized. Elder Franson and I over the last couple transfers have been able to establish a good friendship with all of them and the dad will even sit-in in our lessons now. It has been super cool to see how the gospel has kind of touched the Dad´s heart and opened him up to allowing his son to be baptized. The Mother gave a really strong testimony on Sunday and was super grateful that her son is having the opportunity to be baptized now. It is always super special seeing how the gospel can change people. We have taught a couple new people that we think have really good potential. Elder Franson and I get along great and have no problem getting out to work regardless of whether we are going to be in the streets or teaching. We should be able to get another good teaching pool started up with some new people soon enough. I have really enjoyed our companionship a lot and we have developed some really strong relationships with the members of this area. I hope that we will have another transfer here together in the same area but chances are that Ï will probably have to go to another area. So if anyone has letters to send please wait until next week to know for sure my address. I don´t have a lot of other random news we may be receiving ipads before the new year because our president is going to some meeting about them this month. I believe it is $400 then we get to keep them like how it works for the missionaries that have to ride bikes. It will be super nice because we will be able to download different videos to help teach, use the maps, area book online, check to see when the buses and metro is coming, and use all of gospel library with all our books, pamphlets, and stuff. Another random thing, we walked 15 miles Saturday during the afternoon contacting while we had started our fast without food and water... lol. We survived but that definitely was a challenge.
Anyways, I am hanging in there and doing well. I miss everyone a ton and hope you all are doing great! I hope you guys have great weeks!
Love,
Elder Saltzman